- This event has passed.
SUPERVISOR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES: COVID-19 Prevention & Safety Management
English 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
Spanish 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Cal/OSHA requires all employers have an Injury & Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) along with a COVID-19 Prevention Program, and employers rely on front-line supervisors, mayordomos, and crew leaders to effectively implement these programs and help prevent injuries, illnesses, and COVID-19 exposures. Ensure that your team is prepared with a comprehensive understanding of why IIPPs are so important, and how their roles as supervisors are critical to company safety and COVID-19 prevention.
Attendees will learn:
- The fundamentals of applicable regulations
- How to identify and correct hazards
- COVID-19 prevention strategies and procedures
- How to respond to injuries and COVID-19 exposures
- How to conduct effective tailgate meetings
- Tips for positive communication with workers
- Essentials of COVID-19 testing and vaccinations
Training will be conducted outdoors. All participants must comply with COVID-19 safety guidelines including masks covering nose and mouth and physical distancing.
RSVP to LDGGA at firstname.lastname@example.org or (209) 339-8246.
Co-hosted with California Association of Farm Labor Contractor Association.
Sponsored by UC Davis Western Center for Agricultural Health and Safety.